Making grants to organizations is the primary way we fulfill our mission of Land Conservation, Artistic Vitality, and Regionally Significant Collections in the Chicago region and Lowcountry of South Carolina.
Guidelines and applications vary by program and geographic area, but the following apply to all applicants:
- Organizations must be 501(c)(3) public charities.
- Organizations must have completed at least one full fiscal year of operations before applying.
We do not support:
- Individuals, religious activities, political campaigns, or legislative lobbying.
- Fiscal sponsorships or fiscal agents.
- Stand-alone conferences, publications, films, events, websites, or videos.
- Endowments, capital campaigns, or debt reduction.
Please call if you have any questions before submitting a complete proposal, as we do not have an open Letter of Intent (LOI) process.
Proposals are reviewed twice a year. Your complete proposal must be submitted online by 11:59pm Central Time on the following deadlines:
Friday, April 11, 2014 for review at our July 2014 board meeting
Friday, August 1, 2014 for review at our November 2014 board meeting
Questions? Please Contact Us.
Application process, grant procedures, deadlines, or reporting requirements:
Susan Clark, Grants Manager email@example.com or 312-977-2700
Lowcountry arts, land conservation, or collections:
John Sands - Director, Lowcountry Program 843-651-3793
Chicago region land conservation or collections:
Arthur Pearson - Director, Chicago Region Program 312-977-2709
Chicago region arts:
Ellen Placey Wadey - Program Officer 312-977-2707